Saturday, July 25, 2026

Henry Doorly Zoo
















Philomena did a research study at Boys Town.  Part of her compensation was a pass for up to 10 people to go to the zoo.  Philomena brought Rebecca in her car.  I drove my mom, Uncle Jim, Maggie and me.  Then Beth met us at the zoo.  We walked all the outdoor exhibits in the morning.  It was horribly hot so Mom and Beth left after lunch.  Jim and the kids and I went to the Lied Jungle where Jim dropped his cane into the pond with the huge catfish!  Then we went to the Desert Dome and Kingdoms of the Night.  Then we go the kids ice cream.  The kids were getting crabby and I looked at Jim and told him we should probably just head home to air conditioning before they got any more irritable!  Overall, we all had a great time together!

Rebecca and Philomena leaned against the metal door frame and enjoyed how cold it felt compared to outdoors.  They cracked me up!

 

No comments: