Friday, September 4, 2026

New Dishwasher


We've been frustrated with the old dishwasher not getting dishes clean.  Then I found the foundation was leaking water in.  I had reached the 10 years of living in my house and the grant should be forgiven.  I applied for HELOC to finance the work on the house.  What I thought was one grant turned out to be 2 grants.  Then I had to figure out who to talk to about getting them forgiven right away so I could apply for the HELOC.  Then I found out that the $3,750 loan with no interest needed to also be paid off before they would approve me for a HELOC.  I submitted my application before everything was completed.  The banker told me if all the documents weren't turned in by August 12th, that I'd have to reapply.  I was able to get all 3 deeds of reconveyance turned into the bank 2 hours before they closed on the 12th!  Whew!  I now have the money and was able to replace the dishwasher which all 3 of us are appreciating!  I also appreciated that my mom was able to meet the installer so I didn't have to take off work!

I have paid my downpayment on the foundation work to fill the 3 cracks.  Each is below a window.  None of the walls are tilting in so all that is needed is to fill each crack.  I'm also having them bury the sump pump discharge because it has spilled out right by the foundation for the last 10 years.  I got another quote for the basement but they were trying to tell me that I needed a lot more work done than this company is doing.  They seemed overkill with everything they were going to do and were way more expensive.  

Once the work on the basement is done, then I want to work on the landscaping.  The dirt has settled over the last 10 years and tilts toward the foundation rather than away.  Besides having dirt added, I'm looking at river rock with a border around the 3 sides of the house (not the back).  I've got 2 quotes, but want to get one or two more now that I know better what I'm looking for.  The first company was cheaper but not thorough.  The second company was thorough but very expensive.  I'm hoping to find someone in the middle.

 

No comments: