Sunday, May 16, 2010

First Trip to the Fire Station




All of us in my Mom's Group met at the Fire Station on April 23rd. Mena enjoyed looking at everything. When I tried to get her to stand in the group so I could take a picture she kept walking over to me. The firefighter held her on his knee so I could take the picture. She's had such separation/stranger anxiety that I didn't think she'd let him hold her, but she very calmly sat on his knee. Mena and Brynn liked standing on the front bumper of the ladder truck, but Mena wasn't thrill when I put her inside the truck. The men got called out to emergencies 3 times while we were there. It seemed a little strange at one point when they were all gone and there was on one but us in the station. We let the kids walk around and look in the different rooms (kitchen, exercise room, tv room, bedrooms) and then the firefighters came back and told us about the engine and the ladder truck. The only bummer part of the field trip was that I forgot our good camera, but at least I got these pictures with my phone.

No comments: