Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lincoln Children's Zoo














Mena and I took our last trip to the zoo on August 20th. Her favorite exhibit was the fish tank. I sat her on the turtle statue and the little animal to her right moved and scared her. She was not thrilled with me for putting her up there. In the bug house she got a close up look at the meal worms and also got to pet a cockroach (I made myself be brave and touch it first to show her it was ok). Mena thought it fun to climb inside the egg shell at the end of our trip around the zoo. Mena still had energy and I let her lead the way back to her favorite building. She picked up the phone and watched the animal behind the glass but the funny thing was that I couldn't get the phone to work so she's listening to nothing! We were the only people in the building at this point so when she got off the phone she found a step stool and carried it around looking in all the exhibits. She was so proud of herself!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: