Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wizard of Oz







Early Head Start gave Mena and I tickets to go see the Wizard of Oz at Pinewood Bowl. We ate a picnic supper. I showed Mena how to put a piece of cheese and a piece of meat onto her cracker. She chose to layer cheese, cracker, and cheese for her sandwich. It was very, very hot (temps were in the upper ninties with heat index over 100) so Mena was drinking lots of apple juice in her sippy cup. Then she realized I was drinking rootbeer. I didn't have much rootbeer left after she stole it from me :) The last picture is of Mena cheering for the lion in the second act. Mena really enjoyed it and we're planning to go to more plays in the future. She did great with my friend Beth and I when we went to Shakespeare on the Green in Omaha so that will be a yearly habit for Mena to join the two of us, also.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: