Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve and Puck



We started New Year's Eve by cuddling in bed since I wasn't ready to get moving. After we got going then Mena and I went to pick up our new guinea pig that I found on craig's list. I asked Mena what we should name him. She said, "Aemilia." I told her, "He's a boy so we need a boy name this time." Mena then said, "Boy Guinea Pig." "That's what you want to name him?" "Yep."

Grandma and Grandpa Frye took the girls on New Year's Eve. I thought I'd get stuff done or go do something, but the first thing I did was take a nap! Gene and I went to a friend's house for the evening. On New Year's day I was able to put away all the Christmas decorations and clean up the house before we got the girls back at supper time.


While the girls were gone, I got out my book of Shakespeare to find a name for our guinea pig. I decided on "Puck" a fairy in a Midsummer Night's Dream. When Mena came home I told her his name was Puck and she seemed to like it.  The neat thing that I later realized is that A Midsummer Night's Dream is what we saw at Shakespeare on the Green last summer.  So the guinea pig is named after a character in the first Shakespeare play that Mena saw!

No comments: