Saturday, June 7, 2014

Mom is Back from China!

I was in China for 2 weeks.  During that time, the girls stayed with their dad.  I missed them a ton!  I skyped with them about every 2-3 days.  Mena would sit there at the computer and talk to me for 20 or more minutes.  Maggie would get distracted by all the toys around their house and wonder off.  If we skyped while they were eating supper, she stayed focused on the conversation the whole time.  It was great to have the technology allowing me to stay in contact with my kids while I was gone.

The girls were very excited to see me when I picked them up on Thursday afternoon.  Maggie ran across the playground yelling, "Mommy" over and over.  I squatted down to give her a hug and kiss.  Then Mena saw me and ran across the playground.  She gave me a big bear hug that knocked me off balance so I landed on my bottom with both of the girls hugging me.  It felt good to be missed!  I've gotten a lot more hugs and kisses than usual this weekend!!





Thursday evening I gave the girls their souvenirs of dresses, ornaments, chopsticks, and their favorite...Hello Kitty phones and sunglasses.  They lost interest in everything else after seeing these!

No comments: