Saturday, April 23, 2016

Camping?


I'd booked a site for us to go camping with my family this weekend, but due to my allergies and a sinus infection the doctor said I shouldn't go.  Pollen counts are at an 11.8 (out of 12) today.  When the doctor told me I shouldn't go, I told him I was telling my kids that he said we couldn't go.  He asked if they could read and wrote the prescription telling them "no camping."

Mena asked why the girls couldn't go with Grandma and Grandpa.  So after talking with mom, we arranged for me to bring the girls out Saturday morning and then I'll pick them back up Sunday at lunch time.  Last night the girls went to bed fairly easily knowing they got to go camping today.  Mena was up at 5:40 am and Maggie was up by 6 am!  I've never known my children to get ready so fast.  (Too bad that won't happen on a school day!!)  While I was in the shower, they even moved everything from the couch to the front porch so it was closer to being packed in the car.

When we arrived at the campground, I visited with Mom and Dad for awhile.  Maggie told me to leave!  So I went to lunch with a friend and am updating this blog since I have the day to myself.

Mena left me a picture of us roasting marshmallows so I could pretend while she was gone.



Maggie was tired when she came home.  It's been a long time since she fell asleep on me!

No comments: