Sunday, August 6, 2017

Maggie wants to be an Only Child

Our conversation on the drive home from the All Church Picnic tonight:

Maggie:  Mom, I wish you and Dad only had one kid.
Me:  You realize if we'd stopped with only one kid, it would have been Mena, and then you never would have been born.
Maggie:  Well, then maybe you could sell one of your kids.
Me:  What?  I'm not selling either of you; I love both of you.  Besides it's illegal to sell children.
Maggie:  Mooom, I mean give one of your kids to be adopted.
Me:  I'm not giving either of you to be adopted; I'm keeping both of you.  Are you wanting to be an only child?
Maggie:  Yes!  Two sisters fight; two brothers fight; but if you only have one kid then they won't fight.
Me:  So you're tired of fighting with Mena?
Maggie:  Yes!
Me:  Maybe you could just play nice together.
Maggie gives me cross-armed silence.

No comments: