Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Band-aids

Email from Maggie's teacher:

Hi Jennifer!
I fell like the worst teacher ever. Your sweet Maggie picked at one of her ouchies and made it bleed while we were doing a read aloud this morning. Like the respectful student she is, she waited until we were done reading to ask for a band aid. She wiped the blood on her pants instead, and I feel terrible that they are bloody now! I told her to definitely let me know right away instead of waiting next time :). Just wanted to let you know!

Thanks and happy Wednesday!

Ashley

-- 

Ashley Rueb
Kahoa Elementary School
1st Grade Teacher

My response to Miss. Rueb:

Thank you for the laugh! That is certainly my "resourceful" child!

That night:
I picked up Maggie from daycare and there were blood spots ALL OVER her pants.  I didn't say anything and she didn't say anything.  A couple hours later Mena asked Maggie what was on her pants.  Maggie responded, "I don't want to talk about it."  Mena asked again and Maggie said, "Mom didn't notice so there's no reason to talk about it."  I yell from the other room, "Yes, I did notice.  Also your teacher emailed me so I know what happened."  Mena asks, "Did you spill milk?"  Maggie responds, "Mena, milk is white and this (pointing to her pants) is red!  It's blood from picking my owie."  I tried stain remover but when it didn't come out on the first try, I just threw them away.  It was one of the few remaining pink pants.  There's a reason I quit buying pink pants!

No comments: