Monday, December 25, 2017

Chistmas Morning






















Christmas morning Mena woke up first at 5 am.  I told her she could be on her tablet.  Normally, I would just fall back to sleep, but I couldn't so at 6 am, I got up and did aerobics.  At 6:30 am, Maggie woke up and I let the girls open presents.

I got Maggie a Furreal Cat.  When Mena saw it and heard it, she asked, "Is that what was in the basement?!?"  Earlier in the month, I'd hidden it on top of the upright freezer downstairs.  Every time I turned on the lights, the cat would make a sound.  I tried closing the box, covering the box with a bag, turning the box, but nothing worked.  Maggie went downstairs to get her laundry out of the dryer and came running upstairs with big eyes telling me there was a cat in our basement.  I tried to say it was a cat outside, but she wasn't buying it.  Then Maggie decided that it was the toy cat she bought at Build a Bear.  She found the cat upstairs and pushed the button.  Yep, it sounded the same.  She then announced that our elf was pushing the cat's button and making the sound.  I went right along with it and declared that elf was ornery!  On Christmas morning they figured out it was the toy making the sound downstairs :) 

No comments: