Friday, March 23, 2018

Pollie







Pollie is settling into our life.  I bought kennel deck and a 10 foot square kennel for the backyard which she enjoys.  She likes her dog bed and crawling under my bed.  She doesn't have separation anxiety.  Turns out she didn't like the hard kennel floor.  I figured out that she folds her paw under when she lays down.  That was causing a sore on each front paw.  Her paws healed over spring break and I bought a kennel pad.  There has been no whining when I put her in the kennel and she chooses to go into it to lay down or nap at other times when we're home.  Walk training is improving.  She still lunges as squirrels and barks at people, but she's not as aggressive as she was.  I have a trainer lined up to come in April to my house to help me figure out what else I need to do to make her obey me.

No comments: