Friday, September 14, 2018

Mena's Birthday Slumber Party








Mena had 3 girls over for her birthday.  Adi was able to come for supper and the evening.  Presley and Pearl were able to come for supper and spend the night.  The girls made their own individual pizzas for supper.  Then I made brownies and they got to frost them in different colors.  Part of Adi's gift was supplies to make slime which got crazy!  Presley got her a unicorn purse that Mena thought was great.  I was really proud of Mena's response when Pearl said she didn't have the money to buy her a gift.  She acted like it was no big deal to not get a present and went right along playing like they had been.  I am so glad Mena values friendship over objects!

The evening worked well for Maggie, too.  Maggie's friend had a birthday party the same evening and the friend's parents were able to pick up and drop off Maggie since I couldn't drive her there.  Maggie had fun at the swimming birthday party and then was ready to snuggle with me.  Maggie was also very generous when Presley said she wanted to sleep alone in Maggie's room.  Maggie slept with me, Presley slept in Maggie's room, while Pearl shared Mena's double bed.  I had to remind Mena and Pearl to go to sleep a few times, but we still got 6 hours of sleep so that's a successful night in my mind!

No comments: