Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas













Christmas morning the girls slept a little later than in past years since we went to the 10 pm service the night before.  They were excited to find root beer in their stockings since this was the first year I'd done that.  The new dresses weren't very exciting for them, especially since I'd just given them new dresses for the Rosemont program.  There was a sale so I was able to get them each 2 new dresses this year, plus the new shirts I gave them the morning of the Frye Christmas gathering.  

Maggie was super excited for her Barbie style head, as well as for her Jojo Hairdorable doll.  She was disappointed that the clothes I bought for the Jojo doll were the wrong size.  They were made for a different Jojo doll, but they fit her Barbie doll so it all worked out.

Mena was ecstatic to get a new pillow like the one she has at her dad's house.  She says she sleeps so much better now :)  She was excited to get a watch that tracks steps and sleep, but unfortunately it was too big for her.  She also got new earrings.  Later in the day we looked on Amazon for a new watch.  She had enough money that she got a watch and a doll house family for the price I paid for the other watch.  Returning the watch to Amazon was easy the next morning.

My parents took the girls shopping to get me something for Christmas.  My stocking had the fixings for s'mores.  My two presents were a pressure cooker cookbook and Pictionary Air game.

Mena chose Chicken Pot Pie for Christmas.  My parents joined us for lunch.  After lunch we set up Pictionary Air on my phone.  The girls took turns drawing while Grandma and I guessed what the pictures were.  Papa took a nap.

No comments: