Thursday, April 9, 2020

Work from Home



As a remote teacher, I have to make contact with my student families weekly and I have to conduct all my IEP meetings via Zoom.  I am now only using the table in my bedroom but getting organized took a lot of spreading out before I could feel like I knew what I was doing.  The girls have had to adjust to when they can or can't talk to me.  I try to close the door when I'm on Zoom and leave it open when I'm working.  Only once have they interrupted a meeting.  Mena came in whispering that Maggie thru something at her.  Next Maggie came in loudly complaining about her sister.  I’m unable find my mute button because something is covering it. I tell everyone on the Zoom "just a minute" & then say to Maggie, "Don’t throw stuff at your sister. You know better.  I’m in a meeting. Go play quietly until I am done. Go!"  I then turn back to my meeting & everyone is holding in their laughter. 😱 Children! 😅😆

No comments: