Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Belated Christmas




















I was supposed to get the girls on Christmas Eve but after exercising, showering, and getting completely ready for church, I felt exhausted and achy.  I thought maybe I should take my temperature.  It was 100.2 degrees.  Then I thought maybe this isn't a cold that I've been fighting.  I took a covid test and it came back strongly positive in 5 minutes even though the test said to give it 15 minutes.  The girls stayed with their dad so they wouldn't be exposed.  I broke my fever on Christmas day and it was still down the morning of the 26th, so the girls came home.  We unwrapped gifts, finished the nativity reading, and made Christmas dinner.  Originally, we should have eaten Christmas dinner at my mom's house with the family, but luckily I'd decided to have all the foods to make at my house as well.  We postponed the Frye gathering until the 30th which worked out because there was also 3 inches of snow on Christmas day and the roads weren't the best during the storm.

The girls received their blog books, new chromebooks, and some other items.  Philomena liked her Lorcana game and Maggie was thrilled to get more "mini brands" food for the doll house.  Philomena declared that her favorite gift was the bottle of root beer!  They each liked the last minute stocking stuffer that I picked up with a Mickey Mouse spatula and cookie cutter.

 

No comments: