Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Toy Shelf



I couldn't find exactly the kind of shelf that I wanted to hold Mena's toys in the living room so I decided to build one. We'd bought a table saw a few months ago from a co-worker's boyfriend and this was our first chance to use it. One Saturday afternoon I bought the wood at Menard's. Then we put Mena in the Pack 'n Play on the driveway while Gene and I cut the wood. The next day while Mena was napping and Gene was at work, I drilled all the appropriate holes. During the next nap time I screwed the shelf together. That night Gene helped me carry the shelf from the garage to our basement. The following day I primed the shelf while Mena napped and after lunch she and I went to Westlake Ace Hardware to pick out paint. Over the next couple of days I gave the shelf two coats of paint. It was dry to the touch but the directions said we had to wait two days before using it--two torturous days! Today we brought it upstairs. I love it!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: