Saturday, June 12, 2010

New Friend


Mena's got a new friend, Traven. Yea, I've got my first full time client! Traven just turned 12 months and is a great playmate for Mena. Now that Mena's around another child her own age for this extended period of time, we've discovered it's time to teach her some social skills. In the playdates I used to take her on she was always very calm in her interactions. Now that she's got a playmate who stays for 8-9 hours a day, she starts to get tired of sharing toys and has slapped him on top of the head! With a decade of child care in my experience it's not the first time I've needed to teach a child not to hit, but she did catch me by surprise considering how laid back she seemed up to this point in her life! In this picture I was teaching her to trade. Every time she took Traven's Bible I would tell her to give him the other one. Luckily he didn't care which one he had because she practiced trading at least a dozen times in just a few minutes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: