Tuesday, July 13, 2010

22 Months Old


Remember the "C is for Cookie" song that Cookie Monster would sing on Sesame Street? Mena loves it when I sing "M is for Mena" while she plays with her felt letter.

Mena weighs about 30 pounds. She wears size 2 tops and bottoms. She's in size 6 shoes. Potty training has stayed about the same over the last couple of months. She'll usually potty in the potty chair when she wakes up in the morning and when she wakes up from nap. If I catch the "pooping face" I can usually get her to the potty chair in time for her to go there which she seems to prefer over the dirty diaper. Mena's got a new tooth on the bottom right that fills in the gap between her front teeth and her 1 year molar.

My story of the month is when Mena woke up with a swollen hand. I always thought my mom told me not to scratch my bug bites because I'd make them bleed. I didn't realize you could get a skin infection and your entire hand would swell up! That's what the doctor says happened to Mena. She was on meds for 10 days and the infection is gone. The swelling went down within 48 hours.

Another story of the month is that we took Mena to my OB appointment on July 6th. Mena doesn't quite understand that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy, but she got to watch the ultrasound with us. We found out we are having another girl! We're excited! Mena will be a great big sister!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: