Wednesday, April 20, 2011

31 months old

Mena is now 31 months old. I didn't weigh her since the doctor just did. She's wearing size 4T tops and size 3T pants and shorts. We have to roll the pants up but the size 2 pants were starting to look like capri's and it's not quite warm enough for that right now. The size 7 shoes are getting too small, but I heard the Easter Bunny might bring her new shoes on Sunday :)

We're continuing to potty train, but mostly Mena's back in diapers.  We'll try again in a few weeks.  It sure is a long process and I've heard you really just have to wait patiently until the kid decides they want to be potty trained. 

Mena now has a new teacher through LPS.  I didn't feel the old teacher was a good match for Mena.  Gene and I had specifically told LPS we didn't want sign language used with Mena because we'd noticed that when we stopped using sign language that her verbal language started improving.  The teacher ignored this and other techniques that we discovered were working with Mena so I requested another teacher be assigned to work with Mena.  Dianne is her new teacher.  Dianne is bringing a fresh new perspective to Mena's development.  I am impressed with how observant Dianne is of Mena's strengths and how well she is building on Mena's strengths.  I think this will be a better fit for Mena to be working with Dianne.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: