Saturday, June 25, 2011

7 Months Old


Maggie is now 7 months old. She weighs 20.4 pounds. She's in 6-9 month clothing. Feeding Maggie is so easy compared to all the work I went to for Mena's homemade baby food. Maggie can eat wheat or oat baby cereal; she could probably eat the other cereals but I haven't tried yet. Maggie eats all kinds of commercially made baby food fruits and veggies and meats. The only foods I'm making from scratch is that I found frozen veggies I can make for a lot cheaper than what Gerber baby food costs. I got a little $10 food processor at Target so I can make a cup of pureed veggies at a time. This I put in the frig and she eats before it spoils so there's no freezing of baby foods like I did for Mena. I can also throw a can of fruit into the processor and give the same fruit to Maggie that the other kids are eating. When we have cream of wheat with peaches, Maggie eats the same thing as the big kids.

Maggie consistently takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap. She's phasing out of her evening nap and is sleeping longer at night for us. She goes to bed at 8 pm like Mena now. In the mornings, Gene had been waking her up at 5 am to feed her before he got ready for work and then she was waking up at 5 am on Saturdays, too. He rearranged his morning and started letting her sleep later so she's getting closer to 6:30 now. On Saturday she is beginning to sleep later, too, which makes our weekend more relaxing.

Jake and Maggie are beginning to play with the same toys now so that's interesting to see how the sharing goes since they are so young.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: