Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New Beds





My double bed isn't as supportive as it used to be and I was getting backaches.  When looking at new mattresses, I decided the double bed was really too small when both the girls got in bed with me.  Notice in the first picture there really isn't room for me to even get into my bed with my girls!  

We moved the double bed into Mena's bedroom and moved the chest of drawers back into her bedroom so there was room to put the piano in her room, also.  Then we moved the twin bed with bookcase headboard and matching dresser into Maggie's room.  She was excited to have a dresser again.  I moved the labels to the drawers so she could continue what she learned about folding clothes and putting them away.  Maggie was really disturbed by the change of bed but adjusted.  Maggie's old twin bed was given to a co-worker of mine whose daughter is ready to move from a toddler bed to a twin bed.  

I ordered a king size mattress with a platform frame.  There is so much room that sometimes I don't even notice there is a kid in bed with me!  One night all 3 of us were in the bed and I thought we fit just fine.  Mena was upset when Maggie rolled from cuddling with me to the other side and was cuddling with Mena.  Mena didn't like Maggie's hands on her face or body.  Maggie got tired of listening to Mena tell her to scoot over so she just went back to her own bed.  I laughed the next morning and told Mena that's what it's like having kids; they want to constantly be touching you!  Mena didn't find it as funny as I did!

No comments: