Sunday, June 14, 2020

Growth




I walked through Mahoney Park this morning and noticed the tree growth as a good model for us. We have a lot of stress with covid-19 and racial injustices. We may think we need to “fix” everything now when in reality God has shown us that we just need to take the next best step. A tree doesn’t grow a whole new branch; it extends from its current branches. I can’t suddenly make everyone around me understand #BLM but I can read more blogs, watch more videos, and become more aware of my biases. As I interact with others, I naturally show my little growths built on who I’ve been. I’m not going to drastically change & I don’t expect you to either. All I ask of those around me is that they take the next best step and we’ll all have a little bit of brighter green at the end of our branches.

No comments: