Saturday, June 20, 2020

Hostas




While on East Campus, I noticed the Plantation Lilies grew in shaded areas.  I used an app on my phone to identify what they were and bought 2 at Earl May.  They were $20 each so I was going to wait until next year to buy more.  Then I saw an ad on Facebook Marketplace that a man in my neighborhood was selling hostas.  The girls each had a friend spending the night.  On our way to taking the girls home, we stopped at the man's sale.  He didn't have many plants left and dropped his price so I got 9 hostas for $25.  I told each of the kids to pick up 2 pots and we loaded them into the car.  Mena and I used the app on my phone to identify what kind of hostas we got.  We had 5 of one kind and 4 of another so we alternated them down the side of the house.  I'm hoping the hostas will grow where the grass has died.  These areas had sod laid and were reseeded twice so grass is not an option!  We'll see how the new plants do!  (As of July 20th, they are all still alive!)

No comments: