Sunday, February 13, 2011

Getting the Binkie in her Mouth





Maggie has gotten stronger and can sit in the Bumbo for short periods of time. Mena's gotten better about getting the binkie in Maggie's mouth when she's crying. I don't think I've blogged about the first time Mena put the binkie in Maggie's mouth when we came home from the hospital. Maggie was crying and moving her head around a lot so Mena couldn't get the binkie into her mouth. Mena then placed her hand on top of Maggie's head to hold it still so she could get the binkie in her mouth. I could see that Mena's hand wasn't pressing on a soft spot so I let her keep trying. At this point I couldn't decide if I was a good mommy for letting Mena help or a bad mommy for letting Maggie cry while Mena tried. Mena got the binkie into Maggie's mouth but it was stuck between the lip and the gums rather than in Maggie's mouth. Mena couldn't figure out why it wasn't going in so she just kept pressing harder which made Maggie more upset. At this point I was about to bust up laughing at the two of them. I decided I better intervene and help get the binkie into her mouth so they both would calm down. Mena's gotten much better over the last 3 months at getting the binkie into Maggie's mouth.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: