Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer Reading Prizes



I wanted Mena to continue reading this summer so she didn't forget what she learned with her alphabet books that Ms. Haze had her work on each week.  When Mena returned a book and read it to Ms. Haze then she'd get to pick out a prize.  After Mena reads 8 times a beginning readers book or a list of sentences I've written using the words she knows, then she earns a prize.  This cat puzzle was her first prize.  The night I knew she'd earn the puzzle I suggested at supper that she read her book right after we finished eating.  She got upset and said no she wanted to read it at bedtime like usual.  I explained to her that tonight was the 8th time and she'd get her puzzle.  Then I explained she wouldn't have time to play with it tonight and she was going to her dad's house the next day.  Once she realized she'd get the puzzle as soon as she read the book, then she wanted me to hurry up and finish eating!  She has also earned a Hello Kitty coloring pack and has chosen glitter nail polish as her next prize.

No comments: