Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

The girls were brave enough to go up to houses by themselves this year!  Mena declared, "I can go by myself, Mom." and so I stood back in awe!

At one house, I said "What do you tell her?"  Maggie said "thank you" and then yelled to me "He's a he not a she, mom!"  Thank you for letting me and the whole block know!

At another house, we found Miss Jen, Maggie preschool teacher from last year!  A very pleasant surprise!

A man asked Maggie if her wings worked.  She paused and said "no" like she couldn't believe he thought they were real.  She laughed and laughed when she came down the driveway.

I over dressed the girls thinking the wind was going to make things cold so half way through we stopped to pull their sweatshirts out from under their costumes.

I had the girls ready to go by 5:50 and no one had turned their porch lights on yet.  We drove over to Dorthy Lane and there were houses with lights on and families walking around by 6:30.  It took us an hour to walk up and down Dorthy Lane from Leighton to Adams.  Their buckets were heavy by the time we got back to our car.

I drove down our street on the way home at 7:30 pm and we maybe could have stayed here but there weren't as many houses with their porch lights on like on Dorthy Lane.



No comments: