Saturday, July 7, 2018

Goodbye Pollie


It was a difficult decision for me, but I had to return Pollie to the Beatrice Humane Society.  In the 5 months we had her, she was great with the girls and I, but she wasn't good with strangers.  She bit my friend Martin who ended up with 5 stitches and jumped/snapped at a boy at the park.  I hired a private dog trainer to come to my house.  I made progress with Pollie, but still struggled to control her.  While camping, Pollie barked and lunged at a boy that ran past me.  I gave a sharp correction and her face slapped my belly resulting in a tooth cutting me right at my waist band.  I then muzzle trained her so she couldn't hurt anyone in public.  Then Presley's dad came to pick up Presley and Pollie got his hand.  She didn't break skin this time, but I just couldn't trust her to be safe around people.  This is the girls telling her goodbye in Beatrice.

We went to Dairy Queen for lunch and ice cream before we drove back to Lincoln.

No comments: