Friday, July 20, 2018

Summer Daze





"Gnomes, Trolls, and Fairies" was the camp that Maggie went to at St. Paul.  This was the end result of all their crafts.  She insisted on leaving it outside because "that's where fairies live."  I told her that fairies were pretend.  Gnomes?  Yep, gnomes are pretend.  Trolls?  Yes, trolls are pretend.  Then how can the Tooth Fairy be real?  Umm, I'm the tooth fairy.  What?  Ya, your dad and I are the tooth fairies and we leave you the dollar.  Really?  Yes.  Oh.  Can you just give me my dollar now for my next tooth?  No, you have to actually lose it and leave it for me.  Oh fine!

Mena's camp was "Terrific Trailers" and they got to make a trailer for a movie they made up.  Mena got to pretend to hit another kid with her cast.  She'd already gotten in trouble for hitting her sister with her cast so she was really nervous about this idea.  The high school girl leading her group coached her through the scene and after seeing it Mena was amazed at how it looked like she really did hit him!  She had fun and the trailers turned out great!

No comments: