Saturday, December 8, 2018

Maggie's Birthday Party







Maggie invited 3 friends to her birthday party (that's all I would allow).  Emily has a grey t-shirt on; Paige has a striped shirt on; and Evelyn has a heart on her t-shirt and sweatshirt.  Mena invited Pearl to come over also.  Emily and Pearl spent the night.  All 6 of the girls had fun playing around the house.  We had to do our party "backwards" because Pizza Hut took an hour and a half to deliver the food.  We ate cupcakes and ice cream while we were waiting for the pizza.  Maggie opened her presents first, then we took the group picture, and then we ate food so I could take pictures of "clean" kids :)  Pearl's mom got off work later and I forgot to take any more pictures after she got here; oops!

The ironic part of the evening for me was realizing connections with two of the families.  Gene and I knew Evelyn's parents from Northeast UCC before either of us had kids.  I also discovered that Pearl's mom is the daughter-in-law of Gene's and my neighbors from when we lived on 48th St.  After living in Lincoln for 25 years, I'm beginning to see why people who grew up here seem to know someone everywhere they go!

No comments: