Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Lincoln Children's Zoo
































The Lincoln Children's Zoo has expanded.  Mena's favorite addition is the giraffes.  It was pretty cool to feed lettuce to the giraffes.  The tiger display now has a jeep to climb into so the kids can get a closer look at the tiger.

I was really struck this year by how much they have grown.  I remember when they were toddlers/preschoolers and had to look through the holes to see the flamingos; now they can take their own pictures through the open window.  I remember when I had to lift them onto the turtle and now their legs are touching the ground.  I remember when they could just peek over the eagle's nest and now their legs are as tall as the nest.  The climbing structures show the girls' personalities:  Mena plays safely and Maggie is a little dare devil.

No comments: