Saturday, March 7, 2020

Maggie Learns to Sew




I took Maggie to a 4-H workshop on learning to sew.  She picked out her fabrics and we took my sewing machine to the county extension office.  She was doing pretty well with learning how to cut out a pattern, pin it together, and sew it.  She got through the first seam or two and then she got her finger under the needle.  The needle cracked her fingernail, went through the top of the finger and out the front of her finger.  It was scary, but one mom got me ice, while another mom got something to stop the bleeding, while I was washing it in the sink.  We got her bandaged up and back at the sewing machine.  She didn't want to touch the machine so I had her practice the foot pedal while I fed the material through to be sewed.  By the end, she was feeding the material through again and said she wants to make more pillow cases to cover the couch pillows in the living room.  She gave this pillow to her step-mom as a birthday gift.

No comments: