Monday, May 20, 2013

Ducks at Holmes Lake

 


Monday, I had my first day of my first summer class.  There wasn't much homework so when I got it done, I decided to pack a picnic supper before I left to get the girls.  I picked them up from daycare and we went straight to Holmes Lake.  First, we ate our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Well, Maggie and I had pb and j, but Mena likes her sandwiches with just peanut butter.  Then we put the cooler back in the truck and grabbed half a loaf of bread.  We walked over to the side of the lake where we could see some ducks.  The girls tried to throw the pieces of bread to the ducks, but the ducks didn't want to get to close to us.  I was able to throw the bread out far enough so the ducks would eat it.  As long as the ducks were eating it, the girls didn't seem to care who had thrown it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: