Saturday, May 18, 2013

Vacation--Lincoln Zoo

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Saturday, Angie and Aurora met us at the Lincoln Zoo.  Maggie was willing to get on the turtle this time.  (On Mother's Day, she refused to join Mena on the turtle.)  The cut outs and the eagle's nest were big hits again.  We walked past the caterpillar twice and both times the girls climbed on and asked me to take their picture.  Maggie and Mena hadn't paid much attention to the climbing structure by the monkeys on Mother's Day, but when Aurora climbed on, then both of my girls joined her.  I guess they were tired out and needed to take a rest in the egg before we left!

We ate lunch with Angie and Aurora.  Maggie was getting whiny so I said we needed to head home for her nap.  After nap, I told Mena I thought we should just stay home since we'd gone and done something 3 days in a row.  She started to give me a disappointed look.  When I rattled off everything we'd done for the last three days and that we needed some time to just stay home and relax, then she bought into the idea of staying home and her disappointed look was replaced with excitement to play at home with mommy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: