Sunday, July 14, 2013

Camping at Louisville SRA, July 11-14, Nap Time

 


Thursday, I didn't make Maggie take a nap and she crashed as soon as we went to bed.  Friday and Saturday, I put the girls in the stroller in the late afternoon.  I walked for 45 minutes while the girls fell asleep.  When we got back to our tent, Maggie continued to sleep while Mena and I played croquet.

Saturday morning it was sprinkling.  Mena yelled, "Mom, it's raining" to wake me up!  We moved everything inside or under the awning.  Maggie declared, "This is very fun" when she sat in her lawn chair in the tent.  I cooked our pancakes under the awning and it had stopped raining so we were able to eat at the picnic table.  After breakfast it continued to sprinkle off and on, so we went shopping in the craft shops in Louisville.

I didn't light a fire any of the nights we were there because Maggie is so young.  Mena kept asking why I wasn't lighting a fire and then asked when I was going to learn.  I told her when Maggie was 3 years old, then I'd learn to light a fire.  She was so disappointed that we couldn't roast marshmallows that I texted my mom to ask what she and dad were doing Saturday night.  They brought all the fixings for smores and dad showed me how to light a fire since it's been so long since I've done it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: