Saturday, August 27, 2011

First Day of School










Mena started ExCite preschool on August 22nd. She had a new dress and a new backpack for school. I helped Mena onto the bus at our house. Then I drove my car over to the school. I was at the bottom of the stairs to meet her when Miss Jean got her off the bus. I held her hand as we followed Miss Jean and a couple other kids that were on the same bus back to their classroom. I sat Mena on the rug and then looked around the room. When I was ready to leave, I whispered to Mena that I was leaving. She looked at me and then went back to looking at Miss Kim leading group time. Mena was unphased when I left the room. I'm sure it was harder on me than her, but she didn't cry and neither did I.

We've gotten positive reports on her daily sheets all 5 days this week. One night she got mad at me because I told her the school was closed and she had to wait until the next day to go again. This has been a good start for Mena in school!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: