Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lancaster County Super Fair







Thursday, we took the girls to see the animals and displays at the Lancaster County Super Fair. I'm not sure why they call it the Super Fair; it's ok but not super--I'm glad we get in free because I don't think I'd pay for the little that we do there. Mena was scared/not interested in any of the animals. We looked at the horses, cows, pigs, chickens, rabbits and baby chicks and she didn't like any of them. Once a year isn't enough for Mena to get used to the animals and take an interest in them.  At the Lincoln zoo Mena enjoys the animals behind glass the best and, of course, there are no animals behind glass at the 4-H exhibits.  Maggie just chilled in the stroller taking it all in. She might have been people watching more than looking at the exhibits!  Gene and I enjoyed the 4-H pictures the best and we enjoyed a short chat with a gal that got a blue ribbon showing her horse.

We ate lunch at Dairy Queen and hung out at home for the afternoon. That night when Maggie went to bed, Mena and I made peanutbutter balls. Mena is very good at crushing the graham crackers!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: