Saturday, August 6, 2011

Henry Doorly Zoo












Monday, the Henry Doorly Zoo had "Beat the Heat" pricing--temps were near 100 so we got in for the children's prices. We only stayed for 2 hours because of the heat but that's about as long as a 2 year old's legs last so that was perfect. The first place we went was the petting zoo. Mena was scared of the animals, but when Gene and I were ready to move onto the next exhibit, Mena pulled me back into the barn. At her second tour of the barn, Mena chose to pet the goat's tail. We told her how brave she was. Maggie wasn't exactly scared of the goats but she wasn't interested in touching them either.

From the barn, we moved onto air conditioned buildings where we saw some gorillas, orangatans, and bears. I had the girls stand with me at the gorilla statues. Mena doesn't look thrilled to be in the picture but I think she wanted to see more live animals and not some huge scary statue that Mommy liked.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: