Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Introducing Solids






Before, first bite, and after eating pears for the first time. Maggie wasn't too sure of the first bite but then she kept opening her mouth like a little bird for more. Maggie is now eating pears, peas, and peaches. All three foods are ones Mena didn't have trouble with so that's what we started with. So far Maggie isn't having any constipation issues. I have bought some of Maggie's food since I've been able to find some foods without rice flour added. I ended up making all of Mena's food since rice flour gave her trouble and I couldn't find any baby foods without rice flour added at that time. I'm not sure how many options I'll have in store bought foods so we'll see how much I buy and how much I make. I have made some when I ran out of store bought baby food and didn't want to run to the store. I bought a little food processor so I can puree small amounts of food this time. It's a lot easier than when I was using the blender and had to make large quantities of pureed foods two years ago. We don't know if Maggie would have the same problems as Mena but we're just playing it safe. Mena outgrew certain foods giving her trouble so after talking to the doctor we decided to just wait to introduce those foods to Maggie so she'll be less likely to have any of the problems Mena did at this age.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: