Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 29, 2012 Mena's Baptism

 
 
 
 
 
 


Mena's been talking about getting baptized for about 5 months since I read the story of John baptizing Jesus.  Over those months I talked with her about how we get baptized to say we love Jesus.  We talked about how God wants us to make good choices and not bad choices.  So after about 4 months of conversations, I decided she was serious and arranged everything for Mena to get baptized.  She wouldn't actually talk to Pastor David much about the baptism so we did the service identical to an infant baptism.  I'm happy she chose this for herself!

I explained to Mena that she could have godparents to help her make good choices when mommy and daddy weren't there to help her make choices.  I then asked who she wanted to help her.  She chose Aunt Peggy and Uncle Jon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: