Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

 
 
 


Gene and the girls met me at church on Christmas Eve for the 4 pm service.  I was surprised that his wife and step-daughter weren't with him, but then he left half way through the service so I guess that's why they didn't come.  The girls enjoyed their glow sticks during the candle light part of the service. 

After the service I planned for us to go out to eat for supper.  Amigos was closed, Burger King was closed, Braeda was closed, Runza was closed, and then I told the girls were weren't driving past any particular restaurants any more; we were just going to look for one that was open!  We ended up at Arby's and the food was good.

Then we headed back to church.  I had previously asked the girls if they wanted to go home on Christmas Eve or if they wanted to help in the nursery during the 7 pm Christmas service.  They said they wanted to help so that's what we did.   Well, they played and I helped Sherry take care of 3 other kids that came.

When we got home, I told the girls that after they got their jammies on I'd let them open the Christmas gift from Lora, Shannon, and Jacob.  They were very excited for their watercolors and paper.  They were a bit sad that I wouldn't let them immediately start painting, but I reminded them that Santa couldn't come until they went to sleep.  That convinced them to save their paints for another day!




I suggested that Mena take pictures of me opening my present from Lora.  These were the best 3 she took.  She was more focused on the present and less focused on me so the majority of the pictures cut my head off!  I got a nice jar to hold fragranced oil for a nice smelling house.  Very beautiful with a decoration on the front of the jar that says "Grace."  Grace is a big part of Lora's and my lives as single moms.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: