Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas spending the night in Yutan



The girls and I spent the night at Mom and Dad's house.  After everyone else had gone home, I put together their new doll house.  It went together surprisingly easily with a few screws and a few snapping pieces.  The girls really like it.  At some point Mena looked at me and said, "Oh, no.  We don't have room for a big doll house.  That's why Santa didn't bring it."  I told her we'd find room for it.  Later when we were home, she commented on the doll house and on the fact that Santa didn't bring her a new computer like she'd asked for.  I told her that the elf on our tree doesn't just tell Santa if the girls were naughty or nice, it also tells Santa what it hears Mommy talking about.  She looked at me like she didn't understand.  I told her that he elf probably heard me talking to Grandma about the doll house so it told Santa not to bring one.  Then the elf probably heard Mommy talking about my new computer and knew that you were going to get my old computer so Santa shouldn't bring a computer either.  She seemed to think that the elf sure passed a lot of information onto Santa!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: